Monday, July 4, 2011

Creamy Sweet Chilli Pasta with Peas and Broccoli

I designed this recipe myself, based on the fact that I only had $10 in my wallet and some broccoli in the freezer. I guess you could say this recipe is also inspired by a seafood pasta dish that I ordered whilst at a restaurant in Batemans Bay, NSW. I'm pretty confident that the 'creamy sweet chilli' sauce on that dish was simply an amalgamation of minced garlic, bottled sweet chilli sauce and cream.
Serves 4

500g pasta (I used tubular spaghetti)
1 Tbs oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 head broccoli
1 cup frozen peas
2-3 Tbs sweet chilli sauce (to your liking)
250mL cream
seasoning
cheese of your choice

Boil pasta using packet directions. Meanwhile, bring water to boil in a large pot. Add broccoli and peas and cook until just tender, drain.
When al dente, drain pasta, and using same pot, stir fry oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add cream and sweet chilli sauce, and allow to thicken, stirring at all times. Add pasta, broccoli and pea and season. Warm through and serve, sprinkled with cheese of your choice.

Ingredients simmering in cream-based sauce.

....the added pasta.

Served with grated cheese....

No comments:

Post a Comment