250g dried pasta (any shape of your choice), cooked and drained
1 Tbs plain flour
2 large cans of tuna
200g grated cheese
1/2 jar chargrilled red capsicum, drained and slice finely
2 onions, chopped and fried (to soften)
1 small can of sweetcorn, drained
3/4 cup frozen peas
2 tsp mustard
salt and pepper, to season
panko bread crumbs, to sprinkle for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Heat the butter in a pan until melted and add the flour to thicken it. When mixed in well with a wooden spoon, gradually add the milk in parts to form a ‘béchamel’ type of sauce.
- Remove from heat and add most of the cheese (save enough to sprinkle on the top at the end).
- Add the mayonnaise and vegetables, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and tuna to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and cover with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with panko.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.