Marinating beef strips.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.Serves 2.
- 250g beef, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki marinade/sauce, plus 1/2 cup extra for stir-frying
- 440g fresh hokkien noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch pak choy, leaves and stems separated, roughly chopped
- Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add garlic and the 1/4 cup of teriyaki marinade/sauce. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Separate noodles.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add the beef. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until sealed. Transfer to a plate.
- Add larger stems of pak choy and remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender. Return beef and juices to wok. Add noodles, pak choy leaves and remaining teriyaki marinade. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
- For an extra heat kick you could add 1 red chilli.