Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Canberra Multicultural Festival, 2012

I won't lie. I did it for the food.

 An interesting sculpture, possibly a depiction of myself if I continue to attend every Multicultural Festival this year?


Egyptian falafel. Tasty yet slightly dry, the yoghurt dipping sauce saved it.


Totes was surprised that the falafel was green inside.


Clockwise from left: Ethiopian vege combo, red lentil and beef wat served with 'pancake'. The pancake tasted quite 'vinegary' to me, something which I'm not acquired to.



Totes loving it!

 Macedonian kebapi. Perfection on a stick - moist, delectable and lean. I could have eaten many more of these little babies!


Czech one two! Potato pancake

 Vietnamese prawn skewers with ginger, lime and lemongrass.....

 Delicious much?

 We managed to take time out of our hectic eating schedule to practice our Facebook poses.



Pot stickers - dumplings containing minced pork and chives; steamed then pan fried, served with a special dumpling sauce (a sweet vinegar/soy based sauce) 


Zucchini pancake - simply zucchini, plain flour and shallots...pan fried goodness.

The pot stickers were easily the number one hit of the day, generously oozing juicy goodness with each bite.

......and now to the hit the gym.....


No comments:

Post a Comment